Hi there. Can I tell you what I dream of doing?
To Make the African Mining Vision work for Local Communities in Uganda
It's all part of making a better world.
Ensure equitable and durable distribution of benefits from exploitation of natural resources to stakeholders (especially local communities) in Uganda
This is really going to help people.
The impact of my vision will be mainly felt by:
- Local Communities in petroleum and mining areas
- Companies in the extractive sector
- Government agencies and departments
- Members of Parliament
- Civil Society Organizations
- Media houses and practitioners
- Development partners
It's not just about having an idea though - here are the things I know I can achieve:
Empowered local communities that came fight and defend their rights
Responsive legal and regulatory framework that fosters equitable distribution of benefits from exploitation of natural resources
Beneficial domestication of the African Mining Vision in Uganda.
I'm going to make this happen, and this is how I know it'll make a difference.
- Successful campaign led by grassroots communities and organizations.
- Responsive policies and laws catering for equitable distribution of benefits from exploitation of natural resources.
- Domestication and proper ratification of the African Mining Vision in Uganda.
- Enhanced civic competence and expression by local communities on extractive sector aspects and their rights.
Thanks for listening to me. Will you help me build a better world?