Hi there. Can I tell you what I dream of doing?
My vision is to see my community and my county Nigeria create better access to education for the less privileged, invest in educating the youths especially women and girl children who are usually at the receiving end of the spectrum of the “good” and mostly the “bad” in every society.
It's all part of making a better world.
An increased number of women and girls who are educated, in the long run will ultimately deliver the following results ;
1. End to Child labour and slavery
2. End to Prostitution
3. End to Domestic violence against women and children
4. End to Early marriage, early pregnancies and genital mutilation
5. An improvement in the quality of life for women and children
6. Women empowerment
This is really going to help people.
The impact of my vision will be mainly felt by less privileged women and girls especially the ones in rural areas.
It's not just about having an idea though - here are the things I know I can achieve:
Creating awareness on the importance of education amongst the female child and women and knowing their rights.
Discouraging early marriages and genital mutilation.
Creating awareness on the disadvantage of child labour and trafficking.
I'm going to make this happen, and this is how I know it'll make a difference.
1. More enrollment of children especially the girl child in schools.
2. A decline in gender discrimination and domestic violence against the female child and women.
3. A decline in the rate of early marriages.
4. A decline in the rate of child trafficking, labour , slavery and prostitution.
5. An increase in the involvement of women In politics and decision making.
Thanks for listening to me. Will you help me build a better world?