Hi there. Can I tell you what I dream of doing?
I want to develop policies that drive and enable the use of emerging technologies for the sustainable delivery of primary level education to children from low income homes in Nigeria, and improving the quality of urban living in Nigerian cities. Such technologies will be affordable, scalable and secure.
It's all part of making a better world.
Access to affordable, quality primary education would bridge existing gaps between children from low-income families and those from more privileged backgrounds. This would go a long way in reducing existing inequalities and enable less privileged children effectively compete with children from higher income homes.
This is really going to help people.
The impact of my vision will be mainly felt by:
1) Children from low income families, and by extension their communities
2) Urban area dwellers who would benefit from improvements to public facilities like street lighting, public information dissemination and traffic management
It's not just about having an idea though - here are the things I know I can achieve:
More opportunities for children from low income communities to excel in primary school education
More sustainable and efficient use of energy/power in urban areas
Better traffic management leading to a reduction in vehicular accidents
I'm going to make this happen, and this is how I know it'll make a difference.
Improved performance at secondary entrance examinations by children from low income communities
Availability of timely and quality data showing:
1) usage rates of public facilities like street lights
2) traffic patterns during peak and off-peak periods
3) rates of vehicular accidents in city areas
Thanks for listening to me. Will you help me build a better world?