Hi there. Can I tell you what I dream of doing?
I want to accomplish availability of affordable and reliable renewable energy in poor households and remote neighborhoods in developing countries.
It's all part of making a better world.
- Bright poor households and remote neighborhoods at night
- Reduced pressure on wood fuel (firewood and charcoal)
- Alleviated poverty. Access to cheap and adequate clean energy to open up opportunities for small-scale businesses, village projects, access to information, improved health (reduction of respiratory complications caused by firewood smoke).
- Achievement of SDG 7 Affordable clean energy.
This is really going to help people.
The impact of my vision will be mainly felt by low income people, remote inhabitants, clean power generating companies and the governments.
It's not just about having an idea though - here are the things I know I can achieve:
Reduced cost of oil in low income household and remote areas
Increasing treeing, forest, bush and thicket conservation
Increasing number of small scale businesses, projects run by electricity
I'm going to make this happen, and this is how I know it'll make a difference.
- Conducting survey on rate of using oil products to that of electricity in low income households and remote villages.
- Observing the degree of vegetation conservation- the forests, thickets, bushes etc
- Measuring change in household monthly income with regard to expenditure on energy. This can be done by sampling, interviewing the residents.
- Mapping out benefited geographical extent
Thanks for listening to me. Will you help me build a better world?