Hi there. Can I tell you what I dream of doing?
I want the adoption of a gender-responsive budgeting in the National budgeting system either as a separate document or a part of the main budget.
It's all part of making a better world.
I want a situation where the needs and wants of women are prioritised and articulated in the budget. (a)Females are often at a disadvantage when competing for resources with their male counterpart.
(b)Unbalanced nature of women in political leadership positions means they are not a part of the decision making process on issues that affects them.
(c)Women perform care work that eats into productive time
This is really going to help people.
The impact of my vision will be mainly felt by:
-Women and young females in rural communities.
- People living with disability and other vulnerable groups.
It's not just about having an idea though - here are the things I know I can achieve:
Balanced resource allocation: Needs of men and women are adequately met.
A gender-responsive budgeting means women and girls can have access to quality education thus increasing the literacy level
This will give women a stronger voice in the society, compete with men for leadership role and be a part of the decison making process
I'm going to make this happen, and this is how I know it'll make a difference.
These are results of various actionable steps that i would take:
- When i can effectively communicate my ideas to the beneficiaries
- When I identify the major stakeholders and influencers that are engaged and have influence
- When I can collaborate and form coalition to gain impact for my vision
- When parliament or government gives legitimacy or authority to my policy idea - in form of a legislation.
Thanks for listening to me. Will you help me build a better world?