Hi there. Can I tell you what I dream of doing?
I am a Nigerian under impounding torment from the political class. They do what they feel like doing without the thought of the masses. Life in the Southern part of Nigeria is threatened on a daily basis because of the release of toxic materials into water body and on land> Also, environmental degradation is a norm. Based on this, my vision is to make the environment in Nigeria safe again.
It's all part of making a better world.
If i can be able to make the environment in Nigeria safe, i would have achieved the following;
Bring safe water for the people, help them with clean air, renewable energy, safe soil for planting, long life span, clean environment etc. All these are mapped out in SDG intervention and the world becomes better if the environment is safe.
This is really going to help people.
The beneficiaries are;
1. The local communities in the Southern part of Nigeria where oil spillage is common.
2. The local communities in the Northern and Western part of Nigeria where mining is at its increase.
3. The government because they will benefit from clean air and renewable energy.
It's not just about having an idea though - here are the things I know I can achieve:
Social media , Television and Radio station will help to build enlightenment to
Door to door visitation at the local community level to increase awareness
Partnership with NGO's with same drive for safe environment.
I'm going to make this happen, and this is how I know it'll make a difference.
1. There would be clean water in the southern part of Nigeria
2. Illegal mining and environmental degradation will become a crime and punishable by law.
3. There would be better enlightenment program and even the common man will see the need to keep his environment clean.
4. Reduced number of death due to disease outbreak caused by environmental pollution
5. Our streets will no longer have pungent odor.
Thanks for listening to me. Will you help me build a better world?