Hi there. Can I tell you what I dream of doing?
With the growth of globalisation and a continuous decline in pupils
choosing to study MFL, the need to improve language skills and cultural awareness is
becoming ever more important. This vision contributes to the Welsh
Government’s Global Futures initiative to improve and promote MFL in Wales 2015 –
2020. The vision is to increase language up-take and positive views
towards MFL in Wales.
It's all part of making a better world.
Raising positive attitudes towards MFL and language learning is critical for Wales more than ever to be able to thrive economically and socially. Language skills are no longer just an opportunity for Wales, they are now a necessity. If Wales is looking to achieve the objectives set out in the
Global Futures plan (2015) all stakeholders need to act now to reverse this national
This is really going to help people.
The impact of my vision will be mainly felt by people living in Wales, especially younger generations such as millennials and generation Z.
It's not just about having an idea though - here are the things I know I can achieve:
1. Increase in MFL up-take in schools at GCSE and A-Level (and beyond) in Wales.
2. Modern language learning made compulsory from the age of 5 in Wales.
3. Increase in international activity within organisations and businesses in Wales.
I'm going to make this happen, and this is how I know it'll make a difference.
1. National statistics for uptake of MFL among students at GCSE, A Level and Higher Education.
2. Policy implemented throughout Wales in all primary schools by 2020.
3. National survey/statistics of businesses and organisations based in Wales showing an increase in international activity.
Thanks for listening to me. Will you help me build a better world?